Judges Needed for FBLA Regionals

Back to Article
Back to Article

Judges Needed for FBLA Regionals

FBLA Region 6 Vice President David Suttner, a sophomore at CHS, speaks during the
Wisconsin Fall Leadership
Conference at Stevens Point in November.

FBLA Region 6 Vice President David Suttner, a sophomore at CHS, speaks during the Wisconsin Fall Leadership Conference at Stevens Point in November.

Photo submitted by Mrs. Moehn

Photo submitted by Mrs. Moehn

Photo submitted by Mrs. Moehn

Shianne Berger

CHS will be hosting the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Region 6 Leadership Conference on February 1.

David Suttner, a CHS sophomore, is the Region 6 vice president, meaning he is a state officer. Since Suttner is the regional vice president, his school hosts the regional conference.

Chilton’s FBLA chapter is in dire need of volunteer judges for the event. The judges will evaluate different events such as broadcast journalism, business ethics and e-business. The events consist of speeches, designs that students have created or presentations with a PowerPoint.

Judges must meet certain qualifications. They have to be at least 21 and be out of high school for three years. Judges must be employed at the same place for at least nine months. And they have to be available from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, February 1.

Some of the responsibilities of judging include filling out a rating sheet to evaluate each performance based on the guidelines, providing written feedback to students, asking consistent questions and completing the overall ranking sheet at the end.

Chilton’s FBLA chapter is advised by Mrs. Kelly Moehn, the middle and high school computer sciences and high school business teacher. Anyone interested in being a judge should please contact Mrs. Moehn at [email protected]

Last year, Suttner applied for the regional vice president position. He had to be interviewed as well as give a speech. Then last year’s Region 6 conference selected him.

FBLA works to make students leaders in their communities. The members attend leadership conferences across the state and nation as well as participate in competitions. FBLA also requires students to complete community service.