BVCK Girls Swim Team Takes Second at Conference

Photo courtesy of Mrs. Tiffanie Ray The Chilton members of the BVCK (Brillion, Valders, Chilton and Kaukauna) girls swim team are junior Afton Frank; sophomore Madelyn Sears and freshmen Sophia Pingel, Emily Heller and Marissa Ray.

Marissa Ray

The Eastern Wisconsin Conference girls swim and dive championships took place in Kiel on October 30. BVCK (Brillion, Valders, Chilton and Kaukauna) took second in varsity and junior varsity, losing to KLF (Kohler-Lutheran-Falls) in both.

“We had a great conference meet with a second-place team finish,” BVCK Coach Jody Schwarz said. “We also had our medley and freestyle relays place in the top three as well as three swimmers earning individual medals. It was a wonderful way to end the 2021 conference swimming season.”

These are all the top three finishes from the meet:

Senior Ada Schaefer took first in the varsity 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:04.12.

Schaefer also took first in the varsity 100-yard butterfly, setting a new pool record with a time of 1:02.30.

Schaefer, sophomore Emma Streblow, junior Libbi DeLanty and junior Afton Frank took second in the varsity 200-yard medley relay with a time of 2:02.38.

Streblow took third in the varsity 200-yard freestyle with a time of 2:11.95.

Schaefer, Frank, DeLanty and Streblow took third in the varsity 400-yard freestyle relay with a time of 4:06.76.

Freshman Campbell Schwarz took first in the junior varsity 200-yard freestyle with a time of 2:21.39.

Freshman Marissa Ray took first in the junior varsity 100-yard freestyle with a time of 1:08.98 and the junior varsity 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:25.24.

Seniors Sophia Kubichek and Schaefer; juniors DeLanty, Frank, Olivia Schwarz and Kacie Solberg; sophomore Streblow and freshmen Lucy Paulow, Campbell Schwarz and Natalie Riederer competed in sectionals on November 6.

The teams in the EWC include Berlin-Green Lake, BVCK, Kiel-Elkhart Lake, KLF, Plymouth and Two Rivers-Roncalli.