Student-run Comedy to Premiere Feb. 10

Photo courtesy of Pam Siech The cast of ‘The Desperate Housewives of Shakespeare’ practice on the Engler Center for the Performing Arts stage ahead of performances on Feb. 10, 11 and 12.

Annabelle Hansen and Marissa Ray

The ECPA Student Leadership is proud to present “The Desperate Housewives of Shakespeare,” a one act play written by Jane and Jim Jeffries. The performances will be held February 10, 11 and 12, at 7:00 p.m in the Engler Center for the Performing Arts.

The one act is a comedy about the lives of six well-known characters from Shakespeare’s plays. When Shakespeare is found dead, it is up to Inspector Tremblelance (senior Hayden Bailey) to find out who the killer is.

The suspect list consists of Lady Macbeth (junior Jenna Christenson), Cleopatra (freshman Lizzie Shaver), Titania (freshman Kira Bailey), Katherine (senior McKella Oakley), Juliet (junior Jennifer Yindra) and Rosalind (senior Haylee Mueller).

The one act is the first student-run production in a while for CHS. This means that the students have to organize all the practices, meetings, etc.

“We all have been working so hard, and I am so thankful to have such a hard-working cast that is really bringing my ideas to life. I am also so thankful to Jenie Farrell (Engler Center Director and ECPA Student Leadership Advisor) and her team for working hard to build all of the sets, painting and getting everything I asked for,” said sophomore Pam Siech, who directs the show along with senior Cadence Bartel.

Sophomore Lupita Alvarez is the stage manager for the show. Junior Jack Shaver and senior Katelyn Sohrweide are the set construction leads.

Juniors Claudia Brown and Karin Juhl are in charge of costumes and props, and juniors Emmie Strouf and Olivia Lisowe are helping with hair and makeup. They, along with other student stage crew members, manage all of the behind the scenes work to make the show come together.

“People should come see the show because everyone involved has put a lot of work into it,” stage crew member Alyssa Berger, a freshman, said. It’s also student-led, which is cool.

Tickets can be purchased for $6 at the door or reserved at EnglerCenter.com for $5.